Research award to advance genomics-based medicine and research
We are accepting applications for the CleanPlex® Research Award from January 1, 2020– May 1, 2020.
Our objective with this research award is to support research that will advance genomic medicine and science. We invite you to submit an application to describe how you would use NGS and our CleanPlex Technology to answer a research problem. Each of the award recipients will receive a CleanPlex Custom Panel built to the specifications of their research study.
The CleanPlex Technology is an ultra-high multiplex PCR-based target enrichment method featuring a highly advanced proprietary primer design algorithm and an innovative, patented background cleaning chemistry, that has been developed to enable the detection of low-frequency variants at high sensitivity and specificity in just 3.5 hours using an ultrafast, streamlined workflow. This technology is helping to unlock new applications such as tumor mutational burden, tumor profiling, and many more!
CleanPlex® Research Award Application
Application submission: January 1, 2020 – May 1, 2020
Announcement to Winners: June 30, 2020
Award: A total of 3 applications will be chosen and awarded a CleanPlex NGS Custom Panel built to the specifications of their research study.
Award Details: Our bioinformaticians will work with the winners to design their custom NGS assays to ensure that they are optimized for the specific sample types of interest. Our technical support scientists will provide guidance to facilitate successful adoption of the custom NGS assays by the researchers, and our bioinformatics team will further help with analysis.
Before you begin the application please read the Eligibility & Requirements and Judging Criteria sections below
Application form: Please complete the application via this online link here.
By submitting your applications, you agree to the terms and conditions.
Eligibility and Requirements
Any individual researcher or research group in academic or non-profit institutions can apply for the award.
To have your submission considered, your application must:
- Be submitted in English
- Be completed
- Be an original work
In the application, you will be asked to provide a brief overview, statement of work, and a description of the impact of your research. You can include data figures, with legends, and a list of citations. Be ready to provide your target regions of interest in order to define the panel content for your proposed study.
A team of Paragon Genomics scientists will judge all submissions. Each submission will be judged based on the relevance of utilizing CleanPlex Custom NGS Panel for the stated work and how well the submission reflects scientific merit, innovation, and impact on genomic medicine and science.
Please read the following terms and conditions (collectively: “terms”) carefully. By submitting your application, you agree to these terms for yourself and on behalf of your Institution. “You” and “your” shall refer to you personally or your Institution, as applicable. “We”, “Us” or “Our” includes Paragon Genomics and/or its officers, employees, directors, agents, and affiliates.If you do not agree to these terms, do not submit an application.
1. Using the application form, describe how would use a CleanPlex Custom NGS Panel to innovate and accelerate your research.
2. One submission only per individual and the individual must be submitting the entry on behalf of his/her organization. The award will go to your organization, but not to you personally.
3. Submissions will be judged by the Paragon Genomics Scientific committee.
4. Each abstract will be judged based on the relevance of utilizing CleanPlex CustomNGS Panel for the stated work and how well the submission reflects scientific merit, innovation, and impact on genomic medicine and science.
5. Three to five winners will be determined by us in our sole and absolute discretion.
6. Applications must be submitted between 12:00 am PT on Jan 1, 2020 and before 11:59:59 pm PT on May 01, 2020.
7. Award winners will be announced on June 30, 2020.
8. The award winner must be able to (a) take delivery and store the CleanPlex Custom NGS Panel, and (b) start using the CleanPlex Custom NGS Panel within at least 45 days of the delivery of the award.
9. The award winner agrees to be available for reasonable promotional activities at Paragon Genonics’ request for a period of 18 months following announcement of the award winners. Promotional activities may include (but are not limited to): Case Studies, Webinars, Website/Newsletter story features, In-person seminars, Video and photoshoots with prizes.
• One (1) CleanPlex Custom NGS Panel
To have your submission considered, your application must:
• Be in English
• Be complete
• Be an original work
Additional Term & Conditions
1. By submitting your application, you agree to all of the terms and conditions listed both above and below in these terms and conditions.
2. Government institution employees and Paragon Genomics employees and contractors (and their immediate families), healthcare professionals are not eligible to participate in this offer.
3. Only one application will be accepted per individual.
4. Applications will be accepted via our online submission form through 11:59:59 PM PT on May 1, 2020. A panel of Paragon Genomics Scientists will judge the applications and award the winner. Winner will be announced on June 30, 2020.
5. You agree to obtain all authorizations and permissions from your Institution or others that are required to allow you to make this submission and have your name and institution name used for all purposes, including marketing, by Paragon Genomics without any compensation and with or without attribution, regardless of whether your entry wins the award. You also agree personally to all the authorizations and permissions required by these terms and conditions.
6. You agree that the use of your submission by Paragon Genomics does not violate any rule, policy, copyright, trademark, patent, or procedures of your Institution or that of any other person. You agree that all parts of your submission become the sole property of Paragon Genomics.
7. You acknowledge and agree that any submission made hereunder is not being made in exchange for any promise of business to Paragon Genomics.
8. You agree that Paragon Genomics may contact you for purposes of marketing its products and services.
9. Once submitted, your materials and information cannot be returned.
10. All submissions must be made before 11:59:59 pm PACIFIC TIME on May 1, 2020, to be considered for the award. Late submissions will not be considered.
11. All submissions must be made through Paragon Genomics’ online application form.
12. Paragon Genomics will have full, sole and absolute discretion regarding which submissions are selected as the award winners.
13. This contest will end at 11:59:59 pm PACIFIC TIME on May 01, 2020, and the winner will be announced on June 30, 2020.
14. Paragon Genomics reserves the right to discontinue or modify this award program at any time for any reason. In such event, Paragon Genomics will post a notice on our website and inform all already submitted applicants via e-mail. In the event of discontinuance, Paragon Genomics will have no liability to you, your employees, and agents or team members for such cancellation or modification.
15. Paragon Genomics may refuse to consider a submission if Paragon Genomics determines in its sole discretion that awarding the applicant would likely result in a violation of an applicable law, rule, or policy, including, but not limited to, if contrary to the law where you reside.
16. Paragon Genomics reserves the right to provide a raincheck or substitute a similar award if the award cannot be provided for reasons outside of Paragon Genomics’ control.
17. The odds of winning this contest will depend, in part, on how many contestants enter. However, we cannot predict with specificity how many contestants will participate.
18. Each applicant is responsible for all of your own costs, and the costs of your employees and agents, incurred or that may be incurred in connection with this offer, including, without limitation, any tax liability (including any income tax associated with the value of the award), and any costs associated with entering into and participating in this offer.
19. IN NO EVENT SHALL PARAGON GENOMICS, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING UNDER OR AS A RESULT OF ENTRANCE IN OR PARTICIPATION IN THE OFFER, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT PARAGON GENOMICS IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
20. PARAGON GENOMICS’ TOTAL AND CUMULATIVE LIABILITY ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE OFFER SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE TOTAL VALUE OF THE AWARD ELIGIBLE UNDER THE OFFER.
21. Any and all actions, claims, disputes, or controversies relating to this offer shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, USA, without regard to its conflict-of-laws principles. By using this site and submitting your application, you expressly consent to the exclusive forum, jurisdiction, and venue of the state and federal courts of California, USA, in such actions, claims, disputes, or controversies.
Sponsored by Paragon Genomics, Inc., 3521 Investment Blvd Ste 1, Hayward, CA 94545, USA. FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. CleanPlex® is a registered trademark of Paragon Genomics, Inc. in the United States and China. All rights reserved. © 2020 Paragon Genomics, Inc.