1 – WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
Customers and Vendors
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. During the course of your relationship with us, we collect personal information such as your name, postal address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, contact and billing information, transaction history (including order, lead, customer service history) and credit card or other financial information (which are encrypted).
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and transmitted with a AES-256 encryption. All credit card information is processed by a third-party payment processor and will not be stored on our site.
Through your in-person communications and/or online interactions with Paragon Genomics, we will ask you to provide information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experience with our products and contact preferences. We will combine the information you provide to us through different communications and contact channels, such as combining data collected online with information provided offline. In addition, personal information will be required to determine access eligibility for certain restricted parts of our website.
Further categories of information we collect are set out in Section 2 (How do we use your personal information) below.
All Visitors to Paragon Genomics Websites
While you are visiting our website, we may collect some technical data related to your browsing session such as IP address, browser type and language, number of visits to our website and the hyperlinks you visited. We use such technical data in aggregate form without identifying you personally for Paragon’s own reporting, statistics and website enhancements, as well as for information security purposes.
Login or other tracking information that may identify you through website navigation will be stored for short time periods for technical security, website improvements, customer relationship purposes and so long as you continue interacting with Paragon Genomics.
2 – HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Paragon Genomics will use the personal information that we collect from you for the general purposes set out below. As it is in our legitimate interest to be responsive to you, to ensure proper customer service, we will use your personal information as follows:
- We will use your contact and sign-in information such as your name, postal address, phone number, fax number and e-mail address for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you if you submit a query or request a quote
- To determine access eligibility for certain restricted parts of our website
- To subscribe you to receive our newsletter or content or if you sign up for our events
- We will use information such as your IP address, browser type, number of visits to our website and hyperlinks for the following purposes:
- To respond to technical questions
- To personalize our website and communications
- To ensure content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activity in connection with our website and to improve our web page
- To conduct website troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey analysis
- To keep the website safe and secure
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of the content that we serve to you and others
- As part of the legal and regulatory obligations that we are subject to, we may also use your contact, usage and payment information to comply with such obligations and to comply with governmental and regulatory decisions.
- Whenever we collect credit card numbers or other financial data, the data is only used for payment processing and the data is not retained for any other purpose.
From time to time and in accordance with applicable law, we may also use your information to contact you for market research or to provide you with marketing information we think would be of particular interest. To unsubscribe from promotional emails, please click here or see below for more information (under Marketing Communications).
The website may in the future contain areas where users can transmit or post communications, for example on blogs, chat rooms, bulletin boards or user forums. You should be aware that any personal information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in such public areas.
3 – MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
To the extent permitted by law, we will send you periodic marketing messages from Paragon Genomics, including newsletters, promotions and special offers. We will use your name, postal address, telephone number, fax number, social media profile and email address to send these messages to you. You are able to opt out of receiving such messages without any negative effect to your relationship with Paragon Genomics by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email. However, please note that opting out will prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or special offers. If you opt out of such marketing messages, we will continue to send you non-marketing emails, e.g. emails about our business dealings with you. We also reserve the right to contact you when we believe it necessary, including where required by law.
We will also provide you the opportunity to let us know if you wish to opt out at any time of other contacts from Paragon Genomics and without any negative effect to your relationship with Paragon Genomics, and we will do everything we can to honor such requests. This choice will be offered at the bottom of our online or offline communications to you as well as on our web registration pages.
If you have any difficulty opting out, please use this unsubscribe form.
4 – WHERE WE STORE AND WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
The personal information that we collect from you in relation to the selling of our products and services will be subject to the terms of the Paragon Genomics’ contract. Where the GDPR applies, such personal information will be transferred to and processed in the USA by Paragon Genomics, Inc. under the European Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries (i.e., the standard contractual clauses) (the “Model Clauses”), pursuant to Decision 2004/915/EC and 2010/87/EU. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to see a copy of the Model Clauses.
It will also be processed by staff operating outside the country in which you reside (including countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) who work for us or one of our resellers, distributors, service providers or suppliers as noted below.
We share your information with selected recipients. These categories of recipients include:
- Cloud storage providers to store the personal information you provide and for disaster recovery services
- Service providers that provide us with customer relationship management (CRM) services
- Services providers that provide us with survey services
- Agents and suppliers that provide us with technology services
- Distributors of our products and services
- Sales management services providers that provide us with SaaS services
- Services providers that provide us with invoicing services
- Our professional advisors, auditors and business partners
Where the GDPR applies and the recipient of your personal information is located outside the EEA, such transfer will either be: (i) to a recipient certified to the US Department of Commerce’s EU-US Privacy Shield; or (ii) subject to the Model Clauses. For more information about the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website.
Paragon Genomics, Inc. does not sell, rent, or lease your personal information.
5 – YOUR RIGHTS
Where GDPR applies you have the following rights.
Access and Portability
You have the right to ask us to access the personal data we hold about you and be provided with certain information about how we use your personal data and who we share it with.
Where you have provided your personal data to us with your consent, you have the right to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine readable format.
You also have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
You have the right to ask us to restrict (stop) any active processing of your personal data.
- where you believe the personal data that we hold about you is inaccurate and while we verify accuracy;
- where we want to erase your personal data as the processing is unlawful but you want us to continue to store it;
- where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of our processing but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- where you have objected to us processing your personal data based on our legitimate interest and we are considering your objection.
Right to deletion
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
- where you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal data;
- where we are processing your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests and you object to such processing and we cannot demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the processing;
- where you have provided your personal data to us with your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent and there is no other ground under which we can process your personal data; or
- where you believe the personal data that we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking here.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal information, please contact us immediately at [email protected] and we will process your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to raise a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority in the country in which you live or work, where you think we have infringed data protection laws.
6 – HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
Paragon Genomics is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of personal information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and organizational measures to safeguard and secure it. We will store personal information in locations outside our direct control (e.g. on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers) and ensure that we have appropriate technical and organizational measures in place with such providers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at [email protected].
While you are visiting our website, we collect technical data related to your browsing session such as IP address, browser type and language, number of visits to our website and the hyperlinks you visited.
We use such technical data in aggregate form without identifying you personally for Paragon Genomics’ own reporting, statistics and website enhancements, as well as for information security purposes.
For further details about the data we collect through cookies, their purpose and your choices in relation to cookies, please email [email protected].
If you choose to decline cookies, parts of the website will be unavailable to you.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information will include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We use this information to improve services we offer you, analytics and site functionality. We do not use this data for any other purpose.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool, to help us understand how users engage with our website. Like many services, Google Analytics tracks movement through our site (i.e. the pages you have seen and the links people have clicked on) and help us measure how people interact with the content that we provide. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our website. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of accepting cookies but this does affect your personalized experience of paragongenomics.com.
8 – WHY WE COLLECT YOUR DATA AND FOR HOW LONG IT IS STORED
9 – ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Links to Third-Party Websites
Jobs at Paragon Genomics
When you choose to apply to become part of the Paragon Genomics’ team, please note that you will be taken to a third-party URL and these pages will be branded as Paragon Genomics. The information you provide via the URL will be used solely for the purposes for which it is provided (including the processing of your application) and will be retained for such period as is necessary to comply with Paragon Genomics’ legal and administrative requirements.
Please contact us with questions or comments about our privacy practices at:
Data Protection Officer
Paragon Genomics, Inc.
3521 Investment Blvd., Suite 1,
Hayward, CA 94545
Phone: (510) 363-9918